Inspire Sleep Apnea Surgical Treatment
Sleep Apnea Treatment without the Mask
Struggling with sleep apnea can be difficult and frustrating. Here at ake County ENT/Head & Neck Specialists, we are dedicated to helping you get the best treatment you can to improve your sleep apnea. That's why we are now offering Inspire Therapy.
Inspire Therapy treats obstructive sleep apnea from inside the body with the click of the remote (FDA Approved). No mask, no hose, just better uninterrupted nights of sleep.
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) affects 22 million Americans. When left untreated, OSA can cause vehicle and workplace accidents, worsening mood and memory, stroke, heart attack, and even death. It occurs when the airway collapses during sleep and blocks the flow of oxygen to the brain. The brain senses a lack of oxygen and wakes the body up just long enough to take a breath, then falls back asleep. This cycle repeats throughout the night and causes poor, disruptive sleep.
How Does the Treatment Work?
Inspire works inside your body while you sleep. It’s a small device placed during a same-day, outpatient procedure. When you’re ready for bed, simply click the remote to turn Inspire on. While you sleep, Inspire opens your airway, allowing you to breathe normally and sleep peacefully.
Notable outcomes of Inspire therapy include:
- 90% of patients’ bed partners reported soft or no snoring.
- Patients had a 79% reduction in sleep apnea events.
- 94% of patients prescribed Inspire treatment reported satisfaction.
- 96% of Inspire patients say Inspire is a better, more comfortable treatment compared to CPAP and would recommend it to others.
Why Choose Inspire?
Here are some reasons people like you have chosen Inspire to treat their sleep apnea.
- Alternative to CPAP. Inspire treats the root cause of sleep apnea by applying gentle stimulation to key airway muscles during sleep, allowing you to breathe normally, and more importantly, sleep without a mask, hose, or machine.
- Proven Procedure. Inspire is placed under the skin of the neck and chest during a short, outpatient procedure. After healing, Inspire is turned on and you’ll be ready to get the sleep you’ve been dreaming of.
- FDA Approved. Inspire was FDA approved in 2014 and has been proven both safe and effective in multiple clinical studies. It is the only FDA approved obstructive sleep apnea treatment that works inside the body with just the click of a button.
Is a Sleep Apnea Surgical Option Right for Me?
For more information or to learn if Inspire Sleep Apnea Surgical Treatment is right for you, please contact us today to speak with an Inspire Therapy doctor.
- You have moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea.
- You are unable to use or get consistent benefit from CPAP.
- You are not significantly obese.
- You are over the age of 18.